Who We Are – A CLICK Fact Sheet
- CLICK (Contributing to Lives of Inner City Kids) is a community-based, charitable foundation that was launched in March, 2004 to help Vancouver’s inner city children.
- CLICK’s objective is to raise funds for community programs and services that support inner city children and youth in Vancouver; and to raise awareness of the needs of inner city children
- Since 2004, CLICK has raised more than $350,000 and directed it to 187 different programs that support inner city children and youth in Vancouver
- CLICK funds existing programs that meet the basic needs, develops critical skills, and provide access to activities for Vancouver children. CLICK funds programs in the following areas: food programs; out-of-school care; literacy; sports and recreation; and arts and culture
British Columbia child poverty statistics*
- 1 in 5 children in British Columbia are growing up in poverty
- British Columbia has the fifth-highest poverty rate among Canadian provinces
- 20.4% of British Columbia’s children aged 0-17 live below the poverty line
- 167,810 BC children lived in poverty in 2013 – enough to fill Disneyland four times; 85,450 (over 50.3%) of BC children living in poverty reside in Metro Vancouver
*Data from Statistics Canada, 2013; First Call, 2015 Child Poverty BC Report Card
With Project CHEF kids discover the joy of making delicious, healthy food Imagine a group of Grade 4 students super excited and working together to make guacamole, their own tortilla chips, minestrone soup and a tofu stir fry. These are only some of the dishes that...
Interested in making a difference in the lives of Vancouver’s inner city kids through your communications expertise?
Want to volunteer with a passionate, highly committed community board? CLICK (Contributing to Lives of Inner City Kids) is a grassroots Vancouver charitable foundation seeking two volunteers: 1. Communications Lead 2. Social Media Manager CLICK is a dynamic,...
From its beginnings, the goal of Vancouver’s MISCELLANEOUS Productions has been to give young people a chance to take part in high-quality theatre. Established in 2000 by Elaine Carol and Jules Rochielle, the company has mounted numerous productions involving youth...